Aditya Hrdayam Class at Hanuman Temple
Use Summer break to learn to chant and learn word to word meaning of Aditya Hrdayam - prayer to Sun God
Aditya Hrdayam - Ādityahṛdayam is a Hindu devotional hymn dedicated to Āditya or Sūrya found in the Yuddha Kānda of Vālmīki's Rāmāyana. It was recited by the sage Agastya to Rāma on the battlefield before fighting the demon king Rāvaṇa.
Ādityahṛdayam is made up of thirty ślokas which can be divided into six sections:.
The Salient Features of this training are:
- 1 – 2 Agastya approaches Rāma.
- 3 – 5 Agastya states the greatness of the Ādityahṛdayam and advantages of reciting it..
- 6 – 15 A description of Āditya as the embodiment of all Gods as well as nourisher, sustainer, and giver of heat.
- 16 – 20 Mantra japa.
- 21 – 24 Salutations to Āditya.
- 25 – 30 A description of the fruits of this prayer, the method of recital, and the procedure followed by Rāma to successfully invoke Āditya to bless him with the requisite strength for the victory on the battlefield.
Benefits of recitingAditya Hrdayam:
- 1. By reciting Aditya Hridaya Stotra lord Sri Rama killed Ravana and achieved Victory.
- 2. People desirous of Tejas-Aura around them, have to recite Aditya Hridaya Stotra.
This is stated in Bhagavata.
- 3. By the grace of Bhagavan Surya Kunti Devi was blessed with Karna and the Monkey Rurajasa with Sugreeva, as sons.
- 4. Satrajit obtained Syamantaka-mani by worshipping Surya.
- 5. Dharma Raja obtained Akshaya patra by worshipping Lord Surya and he used to entertain his guests with this wish yielding bowl.
- 6. It is stated in Skanda purana that one has to pray to Surya Bhagavan for happiness and welfare.
- 7. The Samba purana declared that Samba the son of Jambavati could get himself cured of his leprosy by worshipping Lord Surya.
- 8. Mayurabhatta could make his body a diamond wise and became free from disease.
WHEN AND WHERE
Classes will be held on Saturdays at JMH (Old building) in Karya Siddhi Hanuman Temple, 12030 Independence Pkwy, Frisco, TX 75035. Please see below for the schedule.
HOW AND WHEN TO ENROLL
To Register: Registration is open for the new session. Please click to register online at Hanuman Temple eStore before the first class.
Start Date: Saturdays - Jun 16, 23, 30, July 7, 14, 21, 28, August 4, 11, 18
Sessions: 10 sessions every Saturday 10am to 11:15am
Duration: 1 hour 15 minutes
Fee: $95 that include the complete 10 sessions.
Audience: Adults/Young Adults(13+)
The classes will be taught by Sri Sateesh Burgadda who has been successfully teaching both adults and youth in the Dallas Metroplex from 2010. He also has been teaching Vishnu Sahasranama Stotram and Shata Shloki Ramayana at temple for many years