Community Services -> Blood Drive on April 30th, 2011
Karya Siddhi Hanuman Temple hosted a Blood Drive with the help of Red Cross on April 30, 2011, from 10:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
Large number of devotees donated Blood and made a difference in the lives of countless people.
Interested donors were all screened for the following health-related eligibility requiremnents:
- 18+ yrs as long as one is healthy can donate
- Diabetics and people with high B.P., high chelosterol can donate if it is under control on the day of donating blood. Medications can be taken on that day.
- Allergy, stuffy nose, itchy eyes, dry cough are O.K. as long you feel well and have no fever on the day of blood donation
- Persons who have had HIV/AIDS cannot donate.
- Those who have had hepatitis since 11 cannot donate.
- Those who have travelled to the countries with Mad Cow disease during the last year cannot donate.
- According to CDC rules persons who have travelled to India during the past 12 mths. are not eligible due to prevalence of Malaria there