Community Outreach Opportunities
Immediate need: Go Baby Go
- These children CAN'T move on their own, but the wheelchairs THEY NEED cost over $10,000!
- Inspired by University of Delaware’s GoBabyGo program’s research, where they developed the basics for modifying ride-on Toy Cars into a vehicle for challenged kids. These customized toy-cars cost under $500 each!
- Second-year engineering students at Frisco ISD's Career and Technical Education Center retrofit the cars for each child by adding a big push button or make them stand to drive. They also add safety harnesses.
- The JOY on their kids' faces when they can drive & move independently is PRICELESS. These cars are lent out to the families so the kids can use them at home. The kids LEARN & WANT to move even without the cars.
Let’s see a short video clip to see the kids in action & hear from the special-ed teachers:
Get Involved by
- Give! $1 per person or $100. Every bit counts! EVERYONE joining to contribute is more important than the amount. Click here to donate online
- Share! Tell your friends. Post on Social Media with the tag #KSHTgobabygo
- Volunteer for the Community Outreach projects. Email your contact info to Outreach@DallasHanuman.org & signup.
Goals for Community Outreach Opportunities for 2017
- Provide mobility for challenged kids
- Serve the underprivileged children by fulfilling their holiday wish/gift.
- Reach out to local children’s hospital to fulfill their patients immediate needs.
- Bring joy to Senior Citizens living in Senior community homes through social events and fulfilling their immediate needs.