Annavaram Satyanarayana Vrata Nov 11-13, 2010
Sri Satyanarayana Vratam is performed all over the world by devotees for wealth, education, prosperity, and offspring, relief from troubles and sickness and success in business. "Anina Varam" (Wanted Boon), now called Annavaram, is a very sacred place as Lord Satyanarayana Himself manifested on the Ratnagiri Hills at Annavaram in the Thrimurthi form (Brahma, Vishnu and Siva).
Sri Satyanarayana Vratam was narrated by Lord Vishnu Himself to sage Naradha to relieve mankind from the sins of the past, prosperity in the present and salvation in the future. Legend says that even witnessing the Vratam or listening to the story and taking Prasadam will wash off their sins.
Karya Siddhi Hanuman Temple is proud to be the only Temple in Dallas metroplex to host Annavaram Sri Satyanarayana Vrata Mahotsav Nov 11-13th, 2010. Please see below for complete details.
REGISTER FOR VRATA: http://www.dallashanuman.org/sponsorship/
CLICK FOR FAQ's: FAQ's
SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES: Souvenir & Table Booth Sponsorships Available. Click for compete details.
I am single, can I attend the event?
Yes, it's not just for couples. One can accompany their parents or elder/yonger couple from their family, perform puja and listen to the story of Sri Satyanarayana.
How many family members per Registration can perform the Vrata?
Since the space is limited, only 4 per family(includes all adults and chidren) are allowed to sit for Vrata. No other guests are allowed.
Any Photos & Videos of the Vrata?
Photos:Click for Photos from recent Vrata Mahotsav in other cities in USA.
Videos:Click for Video from recent Vrata Mahotsav in New Jersey.
What do Registered Devotee couple get?
All Registered Devotee couples shall receive
- An opportunity to perform Satyanarayana Vratam conducted by Priests from Annavram Devastanam in front of Satyanarayana Swamy deity brought from Annavaram
- A small coin of Sri Satyanarayana Swamy
- A blouse piece
- Pasupu & Kumpkum brought from Annavaram
- Akshintalu brought from Annavaram
- Flowers/ leaves used in the Puja
- Coconut used in the puja
Preparing for the Vratam?
- Devotees may bring flowers and/or fruits as per their choice.
- Some devotees observe fasting prior to the Vratam. However, it is an individual's decision and every devotee is encouraged to make his/her own decision based on their health condition and individual discretion.
- Please take head bath before attending Vrata as cleanliness, both physical and spiritual, is essential for performing puja.
What is the code for event?
- All devotees performing Vratam are advised to report to the venue at least 30 minutes to 45 minutes before the start of the seva.
- The Vratam require the performers to adhere to traditional dressing norms: dhoti around the waist or pyzama and uttariya (upper cloth) on the shoulder for men and saree or Salwar Kameez for women.
- Hari Nama(Lord Vishnu's sacred name) is only the enchantment. Please avoid carrying mobile phones and electronic gadgets for maintaining serenity
- Keep your registration receipt ready for a hassle free participation