Devi Navaratri Celebrations Oct 15 - 24th, 2012
CLICK to sponsor Navaratri Pujas.
Click for details on Kumari/Kanjak Puja/Registration
Click for details on Alankara Seva - Saree offering to Mother Goddess
Click for special Aarti Sevas
Mela BOOTH Information on Sat Oct 20th, 2012
Kanjak, Kumari or Kanya Puja is an important ritual during the Devi Navaratri festival. Usually, this puja is observed on Mahaastami (Durga Ashtami) day which is the eighth day of Navaratri. The Kanya or Kumari are girls usually aged between six and ten (before reaching maturity and symbolise the Kanya Kumari form of the Goddess Durga. Devotees perform puja to the essense of Goddess Durga invoked into and believed to be residing within each of these Kanyas.
- Kumari/Kanjak Puja is scheduled on Oct 21st - Sun morning 10:15AM
- Register for FREE your daughter(age 2yrs - 10 yrs)) for Kumari Puja by sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only 40 slots available.
- Sponsorship to perform Puja to the Kumaris - $31
Alankara Seva - Saree offering to Mother Goddess
Devotees may offer a NEW double bordered silk (pattu/zari) sari at the Temple to adorn Mother Goddess (Devi Ma) for alankara (decoration). Only 35 sarees will be accepted during the Navarati festival. Mother Goddess will be adorned with these sarees on any day of Navaratri per the discretion of the Temple. Devotees can get their Prasada Saree back after Navarati with a suggested donation of $51
Special Aarti Sevas
Bhoomi Aarti OfferingDonate 8 sqft in the new Temple building during Navaratri and perform aarti personally to Devi Maa during the Temple aarti on the day of your choice during Navaratri. Sponsors will receive Devi Maa's chunri as prasada. Suggested donation: $1500 (Click to sponsor) This aarti seva is only during Navaratri.
Annadaan Aarti Seva Sponsors who pledge for Annadaan seva for all days of Navaratri will be able to offer aarti on ALL nights and have their name read before Devi Maa Navaratri in the daily puja as well as in nightly announcements. Sponsors receive Devi Maa's chunri and saree as prasada. Suggested donation: $2500 (Click to sponsor)
MELA BOOTH INFORMATION Temple will provide ONE 5 feet table & TWO chairs for each registrant outside in the Temple Lobby. Each registrant is encourage to:
- Talk about the registered oranization/business
- Distribute flyers, gifts or any free items
- Market or sell merchandise
- Bring your own table clothes, decoration items, banners (Banner to be hanged from table top ONLY with tape.)
- No food sales allowed (Due to city food permit requirements)
- No music, boom box or speakers & TV monitors