HARI - HAr GhaR GIta
Bhagavad Gita is the essence of all Upanishadic knowledge encapsulated to cater to the welfare of the mankind across eons, through selfless service, devotion and knowledge. Parama Pujya Sri Ganapathy Sachchidananda Swamiji, during the first consecration celebrations (Kumbhabhishekam) of Kārya Siddhi Hanuman Temple in August 2015, emphasized the importance of Bhagavad Gita and instructed everyone to study Gita. Following HIS command 175+ students of ages 5-49 memorized the entire Bhagavad Gita of 18 chapters consisting of 700 shlokas. As a humble tribute to their Sadguru Pujya Sri Swamiji, these kids have formed into groups and have taken a resolve (HARI - HAr GhaR GIta) to spread the importance and benefits of Srimad Bhagavad Gita Parayana to various households and organizations
Benefits of Gita Parayana
- Washes away worst of the sins, including those from previous lives and helps appease planetary problems.
- Gives the benefit equivalent of visiting various pilgrimages and taking a holy dip in the Ganges.
- Lord Krishna resides wherever Gita is chanted.
- Equivalent of essence of all Vedas.
- Bestows good health, peace of mind, happiness and steady intellect.
- Helps attain the higher worlds of consciousness.
- Accrues merit equivalent of donating a cow.
- Creates positive vibrations among the listeners.
- Frees one from the bondages of the dualities of joys & sorrows, diseases and birth & death.
- Freedom from negativities of depression, conflicts, fear, jealousy, anger, ego, hatred, etc.
- Bestows knowledge, helps increase devotion and brings great success in all endeavors.
- Bestows both material and spiritual success.
Donation Amount: $251 payable by check to KSHT or donate online at KSHT Online eStore.
Sampoorna Bhagavad Gita Parayana will happen at devotees home during 3 Saturdays in a month (1 host devotee can sponsor per week) and in temple on fourth Saturday (multiple devotees can sponsor).
Devotees can sponsor on these days and have sankalpa and archana performed in their family members names and receive prasadam. Dates as provided on KSHT Online eStore when you donate online.
CONTACT: For any questions please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Should be prepared for 4 hours of parayana
- Provide Gothram, Nakshatram details of all family members so that Sankalpa and Archana can be performed in temple and prasadam can be given
- Provide suitable, clean seating area for 15 - 20 students and 10 parents for doing parayana
- Provide table to put a picture frame that kids bring. Host can also do their own altar set up & decoration
- Mahaprasadam to be provided by Host. Count of participating Mahayagna families will be provided to the hosts for Mahaprasadam preparations, no later than 4 days before the program.
- Arati plate to be arranged by Host for doing Gita Aarati towards the end.
- Payments can be made by Check or KSHT online store. Checks should be made in the name of KSHT and in memo ‘HARI’ must be mentioned.
- If the host cancels a parayana after committing a date/making a payment, we would be performing the parayana in the temple on the scheduled date and prasadam can be sent to them or picked up.
- Rescheduling may not be possible.